Tuesday 1 May 2018

Review: Bitter Legacy

Bitter Legacy Bitter Legacy by Dal Maclean
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a fantastic read. Full of emotion and tension, the romantic angst tied my stomach in knots in the best possible way.

The suspense plot is very strong, and when the reveals come they don’t feel out of the blue. The evidence is all there but I didn’t feel ten steps ahead of the characters at any point, which I really enjoyed. But it’s the romantic story that really gripped me. Jamie’s heartbreak is visceral and right to the end I wondered how he’d get his happy ever after—but when it came it felt absolutely right and well-earned, and was incredibly satisfying.

The writing was excellent, vivid but not distractingly showy. And it’s pretty hot, too, although the sex scenes are also really emotional which makes them all the more intense.

Basically, if you’re a fan of romantic suspense, do yourself a favour and get hold of Bitter Legacy. It’s one of the best I've read in the genre.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Film and Comic Con – 2017

We had an awesome time at LFCC 2017!  The hall was buzzing all three days with that special atmosphere of fun, acceptance, and escapism...